PSPO I is the essential fundamental level for Product Ownership. Individuals that have passed PSPO I and achieved certification demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the Scrum framework, and how to apply it to maximize the value delivered with a product.
Choose your timezone
- 22Sep2 days, Wed 9:00 AM BST - Thu 4:00 PM BSTOnline
- £850.00 excl. VAT
Learn To Maximize Value
Being a professional Product Owner encompasses more than writing requirements or managing a Product Backlog. Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of all product management aspects, including but not limited to product ownership, that drives value from their products.
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) is a 2-day course that focuses on all of these areas to teach students how to maximize the value of products and systems. PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a product’s success in the market. In this course, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I certification exam (PSPO I).
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. The breadth of the role’s responsibilities in delivering a successful product will become more clear from an Agile perspective. Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace.
The PSPO course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
All participants completing the PSPO course receive one password to take the PSPO I assessment. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.. As a student of the PSPO class, you are also entitled to a discount on the PSPO II assessment.
PRODUCT OWNER - ADVANCED
Mastering the Product Owner Stances
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
· Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
· Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
· Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
· Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
· Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
· Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
This 2-day Professional Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. It is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises.
· Understanding your products
· Who are your customers?
· Connecting product features to customer outcomes
· Communicating the product vision and strategy
· Value and pricing models
· Innovation and experimentation
· Stakeholders and stakeholder management
· Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
· Students are provided with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey through an exploration of the different stances a Product Owner takes.
· Students learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
· Students will gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
· Students are introduced to modern complementary practices through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Product Owner-Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product.
It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of building products with a Scrum Team.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced course receive a password to take the PSPO II assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO III assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.